Wish List and Existing Capability for Simulated Maps
This page is meant to be a clearinghouse for requirements (desires?) for simulated maps and existing resources/capabilities for producing such maps
- Full-sky Healpix-pixelized maps at NSIDE=8192 (~0.4 arcmin resolution)
- At least 8 frequency bands
- Lensed CMB, Unlensed CMB, Kappa maps
- Lots more...
Existing Resources / Capabilities
Peak Patches Extragalactic Sky Model
Nov 16 2016 CITA group (Dick, Marcelo, & George ) + Nick
We have developed a massively parallel LSS simulation pipeline for forecasting and application to upcoming experiments and surveys such as CMB-S4, DESI, and LSST.
The pipeline produces light cone halo catalogs and full-sky simulated observations suitable for data covariance determination by direct Monte Carlo, and includes beyond standard model (BSM) effects such as non-Gaussian initial conditions and evolving dark energy and undergoing continuous development for BSM effects.
+ Current data products and capabilities
++ 500 simulated full sky light cones (Healpix format)
++ Full sky maps:
- Cluster/Group tSZ Effect (500 Compton y-maps)
- Cluster/Group kSZ Effect (500 dT/T maps)
++ Can be simulated given specs (e.g. nu, flux cut, cosmo parameters):
- Optical galaxy redshift catalogs for a given survey HOD
- CIB maps at 100-2000 GHz for various models in literature
- Light cones with specified resolution and survey geometries
+ Performance and computational resources
- Full-sky catalogs take ~10 min each on 128 Scinet-GPC nodes, or ~20 node-hours
- Full suite of 500 runs took ~1e4 node-hours, or ~2 days wall-clock
- Map projection is a negligible fraction of computational cost
- The tSZ and kSZ maps use halo profiles obtained from hydrodynamical simulations (BBPS 2012 and Battaglia 2016)
- So far the current CIB maps designed only for cross correlation work with clusters. The SED and profiles come from Planck CIB model
- The current optical HOD model is analogous to the one used for BOSS mocks
+ Data files On Nersc?