From CMB-S4 wikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Coordinators: Lloyd Knox
- break-out session 1: Jo Dunkley
- break-out session 2: Raphael Flauger
- break-out session 3: Sarah Shandera
Action Items (from end of Michigan meeting)
- Start writing (making a strong case for r)
- Study prospects for r and nt for various configurations and values of r (Fisher matrix forecasts including foregrounds that will feed into more detailed simulations)
- Study possibility to establish departure from scale invariance even for extended parameters space for both S3 and S4
- Quantify improvements on other inflationary observables (running, non-Gaussianity, etc. while varying neutrino mass/Neff)
- Given the improvements on fNL, are there interesting models that CMB S4 could see hints for (e.g. modulated reheating)
- Quantify dependence of error bars on lmin
- Think about science drivers that would affect design of experiment (e.g. absolute calibration of polarization angles)
Some questions we may want to address / items for discussion:
- It would probably be useful to have a review of the assumptions made for the Snowmass forecasting.
- What are key aspects of that forecasting that should be improved?
- What theoretical model spaces should we consider for forecasting? That is, what parameters that are nuisances from an inflation standpoint, should we include?
- The Snowmass document is pretty thin in terms of specific forecasts for constraints on non-Gaussianity. What should we add?
- How will progress on non-Gaussianity constraints compare to what will be happening with galaxy surveys? How are they complementary?
- How will CMB-S4 lensing in particular help with non-Gaussianity studies from LSS surveys?
- Would CMB-S4 help at all with curvature, given DESI BAO? Maybe by helping to distinguish between neutrino mass and/or variation from w = -1?
- Break-out Session 1: B-modes challenges: foregrounds and de-lensing
- Break-out Session 2: Spectral Index, Running, Non-Gaussianity, ...
- Break-out Session 3: Theory, measurements,...
- Inflation Summary