UChicago-2020: Transient Universe
Exploiting the mm-wave window on the Transient Universe, Nathan Whitehorn and Kate Alexander
CMB-S4 will open a new window onto the mm-wave transient sky, enabling new synergies with multimessenger astrophysics and time-domain astronomy in the coming decade. This session will be devoted to exploring those synergies and the survey landscape in the coming decade.
Time/Date: 10:00am - 11:30am Pacific Time / August 11, 2020
Rapporteurs/Organizers: Nathan Whitehorn and Kate Alexander
- Tanmoy Laskar: Millimeter-band GRBs (15 min)
- Sam Guns: Transients in SPT (15 min)
- Kristina Nyland: Catching Compact AGN Jets at Cosmic Noon in Radio Time Domain Surveys (15 min)
- Marcos Santander: Multimessenger Astrophysics in CMB-S4 (15 min)
- All: Discussion (20 min)
- What do we need to get the best science output?
- What are we missing in S4 planning? Any new opportunities?