UCSD-2019: Technical Working Group: Modules & Testing
From CMB-S4 wikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Identify key decisions that must be made (and justified) prior to CD-1,
- Make progress on (or actually make) those decisions,
- Lay out a timeline and process for making each decision, consistent with the post-decision work and internal reviews that will be needed to complete preparations for CD-1,
- Ensure that those timelines and processes are understood and supported by the collaboration, and that we (together) believe we can follow them.
Agenda (2 hours total)
- Overview and Phase 2 Task Report (Brad B, 30-min) slides
- Focus on recommended detector R&D testing plan
- Challenges of supporting multiple readout technologies
- Timeline for R&D testing support
- Module and wiring overview for three readout technologies (45-min total)
- Overview of module design elements for each technology; interfaces within module, interfaces to module (in particular wiring), challenges to scalability to S4
- tMUX (TBD, 15-min)
- fMUX (Toki S., 15-min) start slide 16: []
- uMUX (Shawn H. for H. McCarrick, 15-min) [] File:CMB-S4 Detector Module template (San Diego 2019) - umux.pdf
- Module R&D (Adam A, 15-min) File:20191016 s4 sandiego modules rd.pdf
- Description of current module R&D activities, additional module R&D activities between now and CD-1
- Discussion (All, 30-min)
- Whiteboard discussion of perceived decisions that need to be made by CD1 (April 2021)
- What module R&D do we need to do between now and CD1?
- What detector testing do we need to support for detector development efforts
- Implementing a detector R&D testing plan; cryostat requirements, availability, needed input, etc.