Difference between revisions of "UCSD-2019: Flowdown: Science to Measurement Requirements"
From CMB-S4 wikiJump to navigationJump to search
|Line 25:||Line 25:|
== Notes ==
== Notes ==
Revision as of 18:12, 17 October 2019
Charge from SOC
- Define what simulations, and other forecasting tools, are still needed before CD-1, the schedule and plan for these simulations and other forecasting tools, and when any inputs are needed to achieve a complete connection between science and measurement for CD-1.
- Coordinate carefully with science and analysis working groups to understand the assumptions they are making and inputs they are using.
Additional tips for making this session maximally useful
- People listed below are being asked to prepare for this discussion by outlining, as well as they can, their response to the charge, and highlighting the questions they have about completing a response to the charge, and more generally, questions they have that will help them have a productive meeting in their Friday afternoon parallel session.
- List systematic effects and suggest plan for writing down appropriate requirements, or questions that may need communication with the Technical Council and coordination with them.
- Read the Science to Measurement Requirements chapter of the DSR in advance to know current state of our art, if you have not already.
- Overview of flowdown process: what it is and why we do it [Lawrence] File:Lawrence ucsd 2019.pdf
- REview of DSR and prompts for discussion [Knox] File:Science2Measurement Knox.key.pdf
- General discussion
- Flow down from low-ell BB [Bischoff and Wu] slides
- Flow down from light relics [Loverde and Reichardt]
- Flow down from galaxy clusters goal [Battaglia] File:S4 UCSD Cluster Flowdown.pdf
- Flow down from GRB goal [Vieira]
* Lawrence ** "Good enough" is! "Better" costs more.