UCSD-2019: Cross-Cut: Delensing
From CMB-S4 wikiJump to navigationJump to search
General charge to all parallels:
We need to use the October collaboration meeting to advance our preparations for CD-1. Right away, we need to:
- Identify key decisions that must be made (and justified) prior to CD-1,
- Make progress on (or actually make) those decisions,
- Lay out a timeline and process for making each decision, consistent with the post-decision work and internal reviews that will be needed to complete preparations for CD-1,
- Ensure that those timelines and processes are understood and supported by the collaboration, and that we (together) believe we can follow them.
Specific charge to this delensing cross-cut session:
- For the de-lensing LAT, what are the benefits and costs of variation in angular resolution (dish size) for legacy survey science goals?
- What is minimum dish size / throughput needed for delensing? Would multiple smaller telescopes be better than one bigger one? (both r + Neff)
- What are the effects of foregrounds on delensing (both for r and Neff)