Difference between revisions of "UCSD-2019: Committees: Education & Public Outreach"
From CMB-S4 wikiJump to navigationJump to search
|Line 26:||Line 26:|
== Notes ==
== Notes ==
Revision as of 10:43, 19 October 2019
- Identify key decisions that must be made (and justified) prior to CD-1,
- Make progress on (or actually make) those decisions,
- Lay out a timeline and process for making each decision, consistent with the post-decision work and internal reviews that will be needed to complete preparations for CD-1,
- Ensure that those timelines and processes are understood and supported by the collaboration, and that we (together) believe we can follow them.
- What is the overarching design of the EPO program?
- What is the recording / reporting structure?
- What EPO plan in Chile would we like to propose and how do we coordinate with local resources?
- Jeff McMahon: CMB summer school
- Kirit Karkare: CMB measurement lab
- Nick Galitzki: SO education and outreach program
- LSST EPO
Karkare: CMB Measurement Lab
- Ay191 class for undergrads at Harvard. Experimental lab course for junior or senior physics / astronomy majors. Build experiment from scratch over the course of a semester.
- Recreate Penzias and Wilson CMB discovery by building and operating a CMB telescope.