UCSD-2019: Analysis/Pipeline Working Group: Maps to C ell
Note that "Maps to Cl" is actually shorthand for "Maps to Cl to Parameters" or "Maps to Parameters from (non-low-ell-BB) Power Spectra." This is important for understanding the charge and defining the responsibilities of this group.
The charge from the meeting SOC is twofold (see https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KtRif7_BPi3gACMkIA7__AWK63iUJiljN6UlKI41MS0/edit for the exact charge). One part is a set of general instructions for all analysis working groups:
- Identify key decisions that must be made (and justified) prior to CD-1,
- Make progress on (or actually make) those decisions,
- Lay out a timeline and process for making each decision, consistent with the post-decision work and internal reviews that will be needed to complete preparations for CD-1,
- Ensure that those timelines and processes are understood and supported by the collaboration, and that we (together) believe we can follow them.
The other part is a set of specific questions to support other working groups / WBSs as we move to the next level of design. Our questions are:
- How are we calibrating beams to meet high-ell science requirements? Can we use high S/N point sources alone?
- How does the galaxy impact Neff inference?
- Does this drive frequency coverage?
- Is there a path to realistically achieve both the necessary cadence for transients and the necessary sky coverage for light relics goals?
- What are the necessary analysis tools to answer these questions?