UCSD-2019: Analysis/Pipeline Working Group: Low-ell BB
From CMB-S4 wikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Identify key decisions that must be made (and justified) prior to CD-1,
- Make progress on (or actually make) those decisions,
- Lay out a timeline and process for making each decision, consistent with the post-decision work and internal reviews that will be needed to complete preparations for CD-1,
- Ensure that those timelines and processes are understood and supported by the collaboration, and that we (together) believe we can follow them.
- How do we optimize detector allocation across frequency in the face of uncertainty about foreground properties, for both the SATs and the delensing LAT?
- What are the advantages of split bands? How does performance compare to non-split bands?
- Do we need a 20 GHz channel on delensing LAT (for SAT science)
- How well will de-lensing work in practice?
- What are the necessary analysis tools to answer these questions?
- Needs for CD1 [Wu], 5 minutes
- Review of Fisher based S4 forecasting thus far leading to DSR appendix A [Ben], 15 minutes
- Review of Map based S4 forecasting thus far [Clem], 10 minutes
- Review of forecasting and simulations for Simons Observatory inflation science [Alonso / Errard / Sherwin], 30 minutes
- Plans for working group [all], 60 minutes
- Quantitative comparison of SO and CMB-S4 DSR forecasts
- Feedback loop between forecasting and data challenges
- Data Challenge simulations
- More / better foreground models
- Instrumental systematics
- Other map non-idealities, i.e. filtering / mode loss
- Coordination with technical groups on instrument configuration, etc
- What else needs to be demonstrated for CD1?
- Analysis of Data Challenges
- Who plans to participate? How do we get more participation?