Difference between revisions of "Publication and Speakers Working Group"
|Line 25:||Line 25:|
Revision as of 12:01, 16 November 2017
Charge from ICCC
The Publications Policy and Interim Speakers' Bureau WG is to draft the CMB-S4 collaboration bylaws that pertain to the policies and procedures that govern CMB-S4 publications and the Speakers’ Bureau. Specifically, the WG is charged to:
- Draft an interim publication policy (covering topics including, but not limited to, authorship, authorship order, mechanisms for reviewing author list, and mechanisms for reviewing papers) to begin operating right away. This policy should be concrete enough to guide decisions on actual publications in the near term but flexible enough to accommodate inevitable changes as the collaboration matures.
- Draft a basic interim Speakers Bureau policy to begin operating right away, with a system of notifying the collaboration about opportunities to present project work, approving members to represent the project in talks, and generating a set of slides about the project that are available for any collaboration member to use.
- Propose methods of establishing a Publications Panel and a Speakers Bureau.
- Propose methods of insuring that the policies are followed.
- Propose a mechanism for revising publication policy and Speaker Bureau responsibilities in the bylaws.
Alternate Thursdays, noon EST / 11am CST / 9am PST. Doodle poll for telecon time: https://doodle.com/poll/nb7kvm48wazyavyc
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://fnal.zoom.us/my/cmbs4 Or iPhone one-tap: US: +16465588656,,6729419648# or +16699006833,,6729419648# Or Telephone: Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location)： US: +1 646 558 8656 or +1 669 900 6833 Meeting ID: 672 941 9648 International numbers available: https://fnal.zoom.us/zoomconference?m=Qt4G6kxMw7AbITql2qqVnYjsaj1TVS7K
Kickoff slides: 
Example publication policies
- Nathan Whitehorn's slides on introduction to Publication Policy.
- Planck: Publication Process; Policies for "Planck Scientists"; Post-release policy
- ACT Publication Policy
- PB Publication Policy
- DESI Publication Policy
- DES Publication Policy
- LSST Publication Policy
- Fermi Publication Policy
Example speakers policies
- Planck: Communication policies