Notes from March 28 telecon on science requirements for clusters/high-ell
From CMB-S4 wikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Merging dark energy rows
- Simulation plan
- Progress on measurement requirements
* Item 1: Delayed discussion to a later telecon
* Item 2:
- Simulation plan structured around three levels:
- L1. Analytic Fisher predictions (current state);
- L2. Injection of clusters into simulated sky maps (elements in place; can produce results on months timescale);
- L3. Full N-body + hydro simulations (longer term);
- Several groups engaged: ANL, Battaglia/CITA, Paris, SLAC.
- Will see how to merge with simulation effort at low-ell; levels 2 and 3 above could provide inputs for mock sky maps.
- Item 3:
- First pass on measurement requirements with numbers TBC by simulations at level 2.
- Will specify requirements in terms of sky coverage, angular resolution, sensitivity and frequency bands.
- Opinion expressed that nu>220 bands will be necessary. Study required with simulations at level 2.
- Need to close loop on z binning for sigma8(z) requirement (Mat, Nick)