LBNL-2020: M2T Flowdown
Host - Charles Lawrence
Discuss flowdown from measurement requirements to instrument and experiment requirements. Emphasis on the critical role of error budgets in setting performance requirements, and an overview of the structure of requirements.
Two take-away assignments for L2 leaders and teams:
- What is missing from the error budgets in your area?
- What analysis and simulation capabilities do we need but do not yet have that connect the elements of the error budget?
- (20 m) Overview of flowdown efforts File:M2T flowdown CMB-S4 04-01-2020.pdf (Lawrence)
- (10 m) success criteria (Zivick)
- Where do we need to be for the August NSF review?
- Where do we need to be for the Spring 2021 DOE CD-1 and NSF PDR reviews?
- (20 min) Overview and Status of error budget (McMahon) slides
- (20 min) SAT Error budget overview (Bischoff) slides
- (20 min) Baseline design simulations (Zonca and Keskitalo) - Zonca in the foreground parallel, will join around 12:30pm
- (one slide) Homework