LBNL-2020: Galactic Foreground Modeling
From CMB-S4 wikiJump to navigationJump to search
Parallels 5 and 6, Session D. Wednesday April 1, 11:30 AM to 1:30 PM pacific.
- Presentation / discussion of new developments in simulation techniques, codes, since the last meeting.
- Identify the other working groups with science cases relying on Galactic foreground modeling (low-ell / BB, extragalactic foregrounds, etc)
- What are the conclusions of the previous data challenges for these groups, in what direction does the foreground modeling require more complexity.
- Are we prepared to provide the simulations that will be required to answer outstanding science questions for CD1.
- What trade off studies are being looked at, will these require new foreground modeling efforts?
- Are existing simulations sufficient for the next data challenge?
- Data challenge paper and next steps (Victor, 10)
- DC06 (Caterina, 10)
- PySM3 (Andrea, 10)
- Filament-based models (Carlos, 15)
- Frequency decorrelation (Brandon, 15)
- Neural Net Models, Dust (Ben, 15)
- Neural Net Models, Synchrotron (Giuseppe, 15)
On this Google Doc for now, to be transferred to Wiki after session