Difference between revisions of "LBNL-2020: Extragalactic Foreground Modeling"

From CMB-S4 wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search
 
Line 5: Line 5:
 
== Charge ==
 
== Charge ==
  
1. Within S4:
+
Within S4:
  a. Any developments since the last meeting in terms of                      
+
*# Any developments since the last meeting in terms of code/implementation/methods/validation using existing data?
      code/implementation/methods/validation using existing data?
+
*# Are there any external simulations that we could make use of?
      Are there any external simulations that we could make use of?
+
*# Identify the group and specific science that critically relies on simulations.
  b. Identify the group and specific science that critically relies on simulations.
+
*# Reassess the usage and requirements (number of realizations? resolution? Hydro?)   
  c. Reassess the usage and requirements (number of realizations? resolution? Hydro?)   
+
*#* Do the existing simulations satisfy the requirements? (e.g. accuracy at high-ell)
      - Do the existing simulations satisfy the requirements? (e.g. accuracy at high-ell)
+
*#* Have we tested that all the key measurements can be done on the simulations?  
      - Have we tested that all the key measurements can be done on the simulations?  
+
*#* Which observables do we need to prioritize (Dust, Sync, AME, tSZ, latetime-kSZ, patchy-kSZ,CIB,sources)?  
  d. Which observables do we need to prioritize (Dust, Sync, AME, tSZ, latetime-kSZ,  
 
      patchy-kSZ,CIB,sources)?  
 
 
   
 
   
2. Communication with groups out of S4 (for cross-correlation studies)
+
* Communication with groups out of S4 (for cross-correlation studies)
  a. How do we set up an MOU?   
+
*# How do we set up an MOU?   
  b. How to set up a framework to implement each other’s pipelines?  
+
*# How to set up a framework to implement each other’s pipelines?
 
 
  
 
== Agenda ==
 
== Agenda ==

Latest revision as of 12:17, 1 April 2020

Connection

https://lbnl.zoom.us/j/189656154

Charge

  • Within S4:
    1. Any developments since the last meeting in terms of code/implementation/methods/validation using existing data?
    2. Are there any external simulations that we could make use of?
    3. Identify the group and specific science that critically relies on simulations.
    4. Reassess the usage and requirements (number of realizations? resolution? Hydro?)
      • Do the existing simulations satisfy the requirements? (e.g. accuracy at high-ell)
      • Have we tested that all the key measurements can be done on the simulations?
      • Which observables do we need to prioritize (Dust, Sync, AME, tSZ, latetime-kSZ, patchy-kSZ,CIB,sources)?
  • Communication with groups out of S4 (for cross-correlation studies)
    1. How do we set up an MOU?
    2. How to set up a framework to implement each other’s pipelines?

Agenda

Notes

google slide link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1S-Wo1p4yEj7AZQP1EqABbGyYU6OcRsjX-0acRaayAKw/edit