From CMB-S4 wikiJump to navigationJump to search
Session Organizers: Lloyd Knox, Raphael Flauger, Sarah Shandera
First 40 minutes: State of the Inflation Chapter (Raphael Flauger and Sarah Shandera)
Final 20 minutes: Toward inflation-science-driven experimental design (Kovac and Dunkley)
- For a given expt set-up, what are our forecast r limits.
- Is our forecast robust to Galactic foreground simulation?
- Does our planned expt include sufficient null tests (including seeing a result at different frequencies, region of sky, etc)?
- Does our forecast capture realistic systematics?
- Is our forecast robust to different methods of foreground cleaning?
- Does our forecast include realistic residual lensing noise?
- Can we then optimize the experimental set-up for r?
- Are design requirements (resolution, freq, sky area) same for 'high-ell' inflation parameters?