Joint Plenary for Forecasting/Reference Design
From CMB-S4 wikiJump to navigationJump to search
- What plans for instrument systematics modeling on the decadal timescale and beyond? What instrument parameters values should we use, guided by simulations & experience?
- Complementary performance-based and ab initio forecasting
- Write down specs for eg. bandwidth, NET, etc, justified by demonstrated performance
- Need single reference document for all of these (wiki page? google sheet?)
- Organize by subsections of CDR reference design chapter
- Incorporate achieved values from S3 experiments
- Cascade diagram progressively decomposing each element
- For many boxes there are uncontroversial numbers that can be used as the starting point
- On which parameters do we need to do better than S3 to achieve our goals?
- CDT framework provides maxima for eg. additive contamination
- see CDT report appendix A, wiki links & forecasting paper in progress
- Track propagation of systematic from source to power spectra to identify scaling with eg. number of detectors
- What's going to be hard?
- Beams, beams, beams & beams
- Bandpass mismatch
- Polarization calibration
- Readout electronics stability
- Big arrays won't necessarily integrate down as we might hope