Back to Harvard-2017 main page
Parallel Session T3: Sim WG: sky modeling, component separation and lensing reconstruction(Chair: Blake Sherwin) [Jefferson 256]
See draft schedule below. (post talks here)
- [[File: ]]
Part 1 (20 mins) - Sky Modeling and Component Separation (moderated by Raphael, Blake may help with discussion)
- Update on recent work in sky modeling / component separation (~10 mins, Raphael)
- Discussion: open questions and (in particular) what are the next steps? (~10 mins, Raphael)
Part 2 (20 mins) - Lensing (moderated by Blake)
Short updates / talks about recent work with lots of discussion:
- auto / delensing foreground bias estimation (5 mins slides + 3 mins discussion, Alex) File:S4 lensing foregrounds alex aug2014.key.pdf
- small scale frequency cleaning / optimization (2+2 mins, Colin H.) [PDF]
- simulating delensing pipelines / delensing templates (brief update 2+2 mins, Kyle) [PDF]
- Discussion: what should we work on next? (4 mins on future work, Blake)
Some suggested discussion topics:
- All subjects: what are next steps for the group in i) sky modeling ii) component separation iii) lensing bias estimation iv) high-ell foreground cleaning and optimization v) delensing simulation
- FG modeling / cleaning: would realistic levels of decorrelation (or other effects) substantially change the optimization? What is enough complexity in foreground modeling? Can we get more data?
- Lensing, biases: what is the current take-home, how can we converge?
- Lensing cleaning, optimization: is current cleaning too conservative? How can we decide on frequency requirements?
- Lensing, delensing sims: issues and challenges, quadratic and max like?
- All topics (discussion at end): For next steps, what are our highest priorities?
Notes from session
Action items/Next steps
Summarize action items here