Back to Argonne 2018 main page
Parallel session P2-1: Readout (chair: A. Bender)
File:S4 readout intro.pdf (5 min): Amy Bender
Connections to forecasting (5 min): Colin Bischoff
File:20180305 S4 fmux2.pdf - Technology Comparison: Effects on statistical power and systematic effects (10 min): Adam Anderson & Shawn Henderson
File:Readout Cost Schedule.pdf - Technology Comparison: Effects on cost and construction schedule (10 min): Hannes Hubmayr, Darcy Barron, Tyler Natoli
Discussion & Formulation of Reference Design (30 min)
Notes from session (Tuesday, March 6, 09:45-10:45)
Homework from Tuesday (during Wed discussion):
- Costing for all three technologies (to make sure they are ~similar).
- Padin: Learn what information he needs as input, make sure three techs are costed similarly. Zeesh can provide inputs for TDM.
- Some assessment about scalability for all three systems.
- e.g., number of wires, mUX factor, number of SQUIDs /LNAs, cross talk, linearity, stability, loading on mK and warmer stages, number of flanges
- Performance specs for different technologies (tMUX, fMUX, uMUX)
- Kent rec: Readout noise, photon noise, detector noise referred to input, MUX, and on-sky.
- Amy (fDM), Zeesh (muMUX), responsible for assembling specs. Need tMUX person. Get Padin involved. Cite references or private communications / plots.
- Get an external reviewer to see if anything is missing.
Suzanne notes it would be nice to have demonstration plots in Ref document in Nov.