2018 Election Pages
These pages will be used by the Interim Election Committee - Darcy Barron (chair), Julian Borrill & Lloyd Knox - to provide information about the various elections.
Collaboration membership list as of March 22, 2018
For all positions with multiple openings, we will use a ranked choice (also known as single transferable vote) voting system. This system “promotes majority support, discourages negative campaigning, provides more choice to voters, minimizes strategic voting, promotes minority representation."
See more details at this link: http://www.fairvote.org/multi_winner_rcv_example
Slides from Argonne Meeting on initial election process:
Bylaws ratification timeline
- 2/21 : Bylaws voter registration & petitioning opens
- 3/01 : Bylaws voter registration & petitioning closes
- 3/02 : IEC generates petition recommendations list
- 3/04 : ICCC confirms petitions
- 3/05 : Argonne meeting debates bylaws
Bylaws updated based on Argonne debates.
- 3/12 : Bylaws vote opens
- 3/18 : Bylaws vote closes
- 3/19: Bylaws successfully ratified, CMB-S4 collaboration formed
Elections Timeline (as of March 23, 2018)
- 3/19 : Nominations open for Spokespeople, Executive Team & Governing Board
- 3/25 : Nominations for Spokespeople and Executive Team close
- 3/26 : Nominees contacted for candidate statement(s) & photo, to be provided by 3/30
- 4/02 : Nominations for Spokespeople publicized and voting opens
- 4/08 : Voting for Spokespeople closes
- 4/09 : Nominations for Executive Team publicized and voting opens; nominations for Governing Board close.
- 4/15 : Voting for Executive Team closes
- 4/16 : Nominations for Governing Board publicized and voting opens
- 4/22 : Voting for Governing Board closes
Note that any individual may be nominated for multiple positions, and may accept the nomination for all of them (except that they may only accept nomination to a single Executive Team position). If elected, any nomination for a subsequent election in this cycle will be voided. Nominations for any election will only be made public when that vote opens.