UMICH-2015: Inflation break-out session 1
From CMB-S4 wikiJump to navigationJump to search
B-modes challenges: foregrounds and de-lensing
- What are our latest estimates of foreground levels post-Planck?
- What simulations and tools do we have for forecasting impact on r? (details for Tuesday, also incl delensing)
- What are still physical unknowns?
- Do we need new data at <40 GHz and >230 GHz? (and 60 GHz?)
- How important is large sky area?
- What is the path to a convincing claim that a B-mode signal is not foregrounds?
- What is the impact of delensing on r, and on nt or BB wiggles?
- What sensitivity and resolution do we need for the lensing map?
- What are the frequency/foreground-removal requirements for the lensing map?
- How low a multipole is needed for the lensing-extraction-map?