UChicago-2020: Transient Universe
Exploiting the mm-wave window on the Transient Universe, Nathan Whitehorn and Kate Alexander
CMB-S4 will open a new window onto the mm-wave transient sky, enabling new synergies with multimessenger astrophysics and time-domain astronomy in the coming decade. This session will be devoted to exploring those synergies and the survey landscape in the coming decade.
Time/Date: 10:00am - 11:30am Pacific Time / August 11, 2020
Rapporteurs/Organizers: Nathan Whitehorn and Kate Alexander
(All times pacific)
- Tanmoy Laskar: Millimeter-band GRBs (15 min) 10:00 (File:Laskar CMB-S4 2020Aug11.pdf)
- Sam Guns: Transients in SPT (15 min) 10:18 (File:Sguns-transients-081120.pdf)
- Kristina Nyland: Catching Compact AGN Jets at Cosmic Noon in Radio Time Domain Surveys (15 min) 10:36 (slides)
- Marcos Santander: Multimessenger Astrophysics in CMB-S4 (15 min) 10:54 (slides)
- Maria Elena Monzani: Complementarity with Orbital Gamma-Ray Instruments (15 min) 11:12
- All: Discussion (interlaced between talks)
- What do we need to get the best science output?
- What are we missing in S4 planning? Any new opportunities?
Live notes will be taken here: google doc