SLAC-2017:Instrument Extended Breakout
From CMB-S4 wikiJump to navigationJump to search
Back to SLAC-2017 main page
Instrument 3rd Day Breakout
- We have lego pieces, what's next
- Questions/ Discussion points
- Improve current document? New document?
- Any missing lego pieces?
- Cryogenic, Site, Data Acquisition, Calibration
- Detector Test section was thin
- Detector Test scenario - Test every detector or just subset
- Come up with test bed scenario (stage-2 like, stage-3 like)
- What do we need to do to prove that current test setup is good enough to test detector characteristics to meet CMB-S4's systematics requirement?
- Optics material characterization section was thin
- R&D setup idea
- Input/output table (Spec (with range) table)?
- Standardize input out table, then fill them out?
- Typical range/spec that we can agree to?
- What sim/test do we need to quantify them?
- Standardize spec definition
- For ex. how to define beam size vs pixel size
Notes from session
- Would like to get regular update from CDT at instrument telecon
- Technology book will be done soon. What's next?
- Come up with technology road map
- Should we put together hypothetical receiver to understand what needs to be developed for S4?
- How do we coordinate input/output from each sub group << is this CDT's job?
- Missing topics from current technology book
- Data Acquisition
- More detail/ thoughts on detector QC
- Discussion on benefit of having different system (for systematics)
- Standardize parameterization to facilitate technology comparison
- Memo system: something like ALMA memo
- Very useful to keep track of study and ideas
- Should there be review process
- Where to host/ maintain?
- Representative from HPD - If R&D on rapid cooling system (for ex. 4K load lock system) is desirable, knowing such need early would be helpful
Action items/Next steps
Summarize action items here