New NET Calculator and Validation
From CMB-S4 wikiJump to navigationJump to search
- I wrote a python library version (NETlib.py) of Jamie Bock's famous NET calculation spreadsheet (online version). The goal was simplify the usability, and version control.
- An earlier version of this code (still coded in matlab at the time) was used for comparing the NETs within the CMB-S4 defined bands (2017-02-21 CMB-S4 logbook posting).
- With the python library in hand, a web GUI ( beta version) to interface to it seemed like a natural fit. Send me feedback (email@example.com).
- This posting describes the validation against Jamie's spreadsheet calculation. Based on the simple tests done, the results here are consistent with Jamie Bock's spreadsheet.
- The NETlib.py detailed documentation is linked from the NET webGUI itself.
- I'm hoping to shortly place the code on github under git control.
- Add in realistic bandpass: Either bandpasses with a Chebychev ripple on top to mimic realistic bandpasses, or read in our real BK published bandpasses, or allow the user to input a real bandpass file.
- Check the results as a function altitude to verify that the NETs make sense for LDB or space loading.